Medical Alcohol and Coke

Misdated should be Tuesday November 27, 1945

Tuesday, 26 November 1945, 9:00 PM

Dearest Eleanor,
          Another day closer to that day.  Today has been very quiet and uneventful.  No mail, no news, no excitement--yes, no nothing.
          I spent the day fooling around, reading and killing time.  We got a hold of a half gallon of medical alcohol.  It makes a swell drink with coke and ice.  No ice, but a swell drink anyhow.  By now you've gathered that I'm slightly high and you're right.  I am.  We had several shots before chow and then a few beers for chasers.  We went to the movie afterward and saw "The Cat and the Canary" with Bob Hope and Paulette Goddard.  Now we are back for a few more snorts and then to bed.  Anyway I'll sleep better.
          There was no mail for me today.  That makes three days straight running.  By now I hope you've received the claim check and several other letters containing "gook" money and Philippine "Peso" notes.
          Goodnight Sweet, even if you can't read this, it isn't important.
Love,
Gil




No comments:

Post a Comment