OD Today

Saturday, 3 November 1945, 8:45 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
          Another day of waiting gone to hell.  I was OD today so I did have a few minor details to care for.  After lunch I took one of the boys, who had a bad tooth, over to the CBs and fixed him up.
          These days are so much alike that there isn't a darn thing to write about.  I'm still expecting something to break in a day or so, but all we can do is wait.
          Tonight's movie "A Bell for Adano" was very good.  We had it aboard ship but somehow I missed it.  I was ashore that night or something.
          There was no mail today so that is about all I've got to write about.
          Goodnight Darling I know how impatient you must be getting.  There isn't very much either you or I can do about it.  I'm impatient too and keep day dreaming about "us."
Love,
Gil




No comments:

Post a Comment