Loafing Routine

U.S.S. OCELOT (IX-110)
c/o Fleet Post Office
San Francisco, California
Tuesday 2 October 1945, 9:35 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
          Hello Honey how is my Sweet today?  I've had another routine day if you'd call loafing routine.  I'm getting so rested you'll have a heck of a time holding me down, or will you?
          I did spend two hours this morning on monthly and quarterly reports.  Now they are out of the way for another thirty days.  The rest of the day just went.  What did I do?  I read, played checkers, sat around and talked.  There you have it.  Even the mail wasn't anything to talk about.  Just an old B'nai B'rith Bulletin (July).
          Tonight's movie was "Blonde Ransom" with Donald Cook and Virginia Grey.  It began with the usual night club gamblers and racketeers and turned out to be very amusing.
          With the amount of activity or lack thereof it sure is hard to know what to write about.  The repairs on the "Mighty O" are going right along but there is much to do before we can get underway.  From the way things look now we'll be lucky to get out of here in two weeks.  However, who knows, tomorrow it may be another be another story.
          I'll sign off now Sweetheart.  Goodnight and pleasant dreams.
Love,
Gil
P.S.    With the lack of activity even having a haircut is something.  Well, I did have that done today.






No comments:

Post a Comment