Doctor From Another Ship Came Over

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Monday, 5 March 1945, 9:50 PM
My Darling,
          How is my Sweet tonight?  How's about a kiss?  Gee thanks.  I'll take a rain check on that one too.
          Had a full morning booked with patients from another ship, but they didn't show so I had the morning to myself.  Just chased around doing little things but nothing to talk about.
          After lunch I saw a couple of patients.  Then a Dr. Travis from another ship came over. We got a party together and went ashore for a few drinks.  We got back to the ship about 5:00 PM feeling pretty good.
          I showered and changed for dinner.  I invited the doctor to be my guest but the guy was pretty high and couldn't eat.  After chow I took him down to sick bay and got him to take a cold shower and drink some coffee.  I tried to get him to stay till morning but he insisted on returning to his ship.  So I got a boat and took him back. Returned just in time for movies.
          The picture was a repeat "The Very Thought of You" with Dennis Morgan, but I enjoyed it anyway.
          No mail again today.  Guess another stack will accumulate before I receive more.  Then I'll have a gala day reading letters from my Sweetheart
          Nothing new or different Honey.  I have a big stack of mail to censor as soon as I'm finished here.  And then I'm going to bed and dream about us.
          Good night my darling, gosh but I feel loving tonight and not a damn thing I can do about it.
Yours always,
Gil



No comments:

Post a Comment