Are You Camera Shy?

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Friday 6 April 1945, 6:40 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
          Another busy day.  I worked in my office all morning.  After lunch I had my mess statement audited and then consulted with the captain relative to purchasing some recreational gear.  By the time I was through it was 4:00 PM.  I returned to my room, censored some mail, showered and dressed for dinner.  I also got lesson 6 of my correspondence course off today.
          The mail brought me two letters from you postmarked the 21st.  That was the day you were called as a gym teacher.  Most of the things you mention I've gotten from other letter so there is little to comment on.
          Talking about pens, you never did tell me whether I should get you one.  Maybe I'll hear in a day or so.  I've really enjoyed the one I am using now--even more than the Sheaffer I got from the lodge.
          I'm thrilled too that Norma was able to pick out her daddy on a group photo.  After all she was only two when I left.
          Talking about photos, the last snaps of the kids are swell.  What is the matter? Are you camera shy?  Why didn't you get into a couple of them?  I know.  You weren't dressed or something.  Well next time, I don't care, have one taken just as you are.  Dressed on not (but not undressed of course).
          The Hutchinson story sounds interesting but you can't go by newspaper publicity.  Anyway you'll never have the complaint as she had.
          The movie tonight is another oldie "Lifeboat" but as I recall it was excellent.  Last night's movie "Union Pacific" was new to me though it is a reprint. Somehow we missed it.  Anyway it also was good.
          Well Dear, I'm all run down with nothing more to add.  Good night, I'll see you in my dreams.
Love,
Gil


Linda, Dave and Norma



No comments:

Post a Comment