Keeping in Practice

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Thursday 26 April 1945, 7:15 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
          Hello Sweet, how is my honey tonight?  Outside of being a wee bit tired I'm 4.0.  Today has been another busy one for me.  As a matter of fact, besides working all morning and afternoon, I took a patient after dinner this evening.  Anyway I'm keeping in practice.  I'm doing surgery that I never did in my office, but will when I'm back in civilian practice.
          All the mail that came aboard today was in the form of periodicals.  I got the April Esquire, National Jewish Monthly, the American Dental Association Journal and the Dental Digest.  Now I'll have to find some time to read them.
          Last night's movie "The Human Comedy" was not very good from the standpoint of morale and entertainment.  However tonight we have an oldie that should have a few laughs.  It is "Take a Letter Darling" with Rosalind Russell and Fred McMurray.
          There isn't any new scuttlebutt but on the other hand the stuff we have been hearing still persists so keep your fingers crossed.
          I got a brand new Monel metal wrist watch band made for me by one of the men.  In exchange I gave him the coconut shell "Linda" I had carved up.  After my first experience the new ones I'll make will be much better."I love you honey."  Give our girls a big kiss for me.
Devotedly,
Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment