80 Degrees

Lieut. Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Wednesday 11 July 1945, 10:15 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
          Hello honey how is my Sweet tonight?  I'm still the busiest dentist on the ship, there aren't any others.  Was swamped under all morning and worked this afternoon until 3:00 P.M.  Then I had my wardroom books audited.  Following which I made out an order for some more recreation gear.  By then it was 4:15 so I retired to my room for some reading and relaxation.  Also, I had some mail to censor. Before I knew it, it was time to shower and dress for dinner.
          After chow we played cribbage until 7:30 and then went to see tonight's cinema.  We had an excellent color cartoon and a short about Nova Scotia.  The feature attraction "Hangover Square" with Laird Craeger and Linda Darnell which was also good.  However don't see it.  There are a few murders and such.
          Today was the coolest it has been since we've been here.  As a matter of fact I felt cold lying in my skivvies and reading this afternoon.  So when I got dressed I went up to the bridge to check the thermometer.  What do you know?  It had dropped to 80 degrees Fahrenheit and I was cold.  Will you keep me warm when I get home?
          There are several questions I've failed to answer.  About our chaplain, one was requested but so far none has shown up.  Dr. Law is the second doctor aboard but he is only on temporary duty until the one who was assigned to us arrives. That should be in fifteen days or thereabouts.
          That is all for now darling so I'll say "nite-nite" my dear and until tomorrow I'll always be
Loving you as ever,
Gil





No comments:

Post a Comment