Sunbeam Electric Razor Broke

Lieut. Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Thursday 12 July 1945, 7:30 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
          Hello Sweetheart, how is my favorite girl today?  This has been one hot day and to top it all I was extremely busy all morning and afternoon.
          I retired to my room at 4:30. Censored some mail and read Esquire until 5:30 when I showered and dressed for dinner.
          After chow we played cribbage until just a few moments ago and so here I am.
          My Sunbeam broke down this morning.  The broken part couldn't be fixed out here, so I've airmailed it home.  Please have it fixed and send it back as soon as possible.  The head on my Schick is also in bad shape. I may have to resort to a safety razor before many days.  If you possibly can, get a "hollow ground" head for a Schick Model "S" shaver and send it to me.  I've heard that items can be airmailed to personnel overseas if a request for airmail is made.  Find out and if that is so, use this letter to substantiate your claim.
          I got three letters from you Sweet and one from Libby.  All are postmarked July 5.  The colored photo of you isn't bad and the picture of Deb is excellent.
          I'm glad Norma is well again. I hope all stay well now for a long time.  Sol is back again, eh? Good.  I guess my dope was okay again.
          I'm sorry your 4th wasn't too pleasant.  Out here it was like any other day except for the special dinner for men and officers.  Next time I get a story I'll send it along.  You'd be surprised how few I hear.
          Our movie tonight is an unknown quantity but I hope it's good. It is "Delightfully Dangerous" plus a color short "Devil Boats."
          No more for now Darling so I'll sign off.  Goodnight Sweet.  I'll see you in my dreams.
Love,
Gil













Could this be the photo of Deb?

Were either of the following the color snap of Eleanor?













No comments:

Post a Comment