Glen Arnold Was Wounded on the German-Belgium Line

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Sunday 18 February 1945, 7:20 PM
My Dearest,
          I must have been feeling pretty high last night when I wrote to you.  Can't remember much about what I said. Just remember writing.
          Today has been an interesting day.  I didn't have any regular appointments but was kept busy all morning and for an hour this afternoon with emergency cases from other ships.
          I had a visitor, a dental officer whom I hadn't met before.  He is stationed nearby and we discussed several problem cases that he has.  He is sending me a couple of patients that stump him.  I showed him around the ship and invited him to stay for lunch.  I'm planning to look him up in the near future.
          We have a couple of appendectomies to do tonight and the doctor has asked me to stand by to give ether on the second one if the spinal doesn't work.
          Do you remember the Arnolds, patients of mine?  I made a call at their home once in Venice and you were in the car.  They have two tow-headed boys if you recall.  Well I got a nice card and the enclosed letter from them today. I thought you'd be interested in reading it.
          Got some more heat rash and so have been sunning myself some more.   I hope I get rid of the darn stuff soon.
          The war news certainly sounds good in both theaters and the Japs will catch plenty more hell before this is all over.
          Nothing more for now Honey.  I still am looking for mail of February 4 through 7 inclusive.  Hope it comes tomorrow.
          Night Sweet until tomorrow.
Love,
Gil


Letter From Mrs.Eileen Arnold whose husband Glen was wounded on the German-Belgium Line.



No comments:

Post a Comment