Impacted Third Molar and Five Cavities


Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Sunday 14 January 1945, 7:35 PM

Dearest Eleanor,

          This has been a busy day but not with just dentistry.  I began my morning by removing an impacted third molar and then filled five cavities for the brother of Raymond Gram Swing, the commentator.  Then I did a gum treatment and was finished for the day.

          The remainder of the morning I chased around making arrangements for the religious service.

          After lunch I did some more chasing around with wardroom mess treasurer's business.  We got a mess of additional flag officers aboard and I had to get them squared away.  At this late hour I still have about 60% of them to see.  Anyway at 4:00 PM I knocked off, undressed, showered and relaxed with a book until 5:30 when I dressed for dinner.  After eating I worked some more on the above mentioned treasurer's job.  Knocked off at 7:30 and here I am.

          "In Society" last night was amusing and tonight we have "Murder in the Blue Room."  I didn't look to see who is in it but I'll see it anyway.

          The mail brought me two Xmas cards from patients and that was all.  I'm ready for the jackpot tomorrow.

          Which reminds me, tomorrow is pay day but I think I'll let my money ride again.  By the time I get back I should have enough for a glorious thirty day leave.

          Well darling there is little more to say.  It was a little hotter today, but except for the fact that my clothes got soaked with perspiration I didn't notice it at all.

          Sweet, do you remember certain hot days in the later part of July 1934 at Arrowhead?  I didn't notice the heat then either.  If I get back in time for summer I won't care how hot it is.  Get me?

          Good night honey, till tomorrow.

Love,

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment