Removed a Wisdom Tooth and Cyst

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Saturday 17 February 1945, 7:15 PM
My Darling,
          Here I am a little high but still--here I am.  A few of us went ashore for a few drinks this afternoon and they were sure potent.
          Today was a special day, so I didn't have any regular appointments.  Instead I removed a bad wisdom tooth. Then I removed a large cyst involving two upper front teeth.  The results were good even if I say so myself.
          At noon I went up on the poop deck and got 45 minutes of ultra violet via the sun.  Then I repaired to my office and extracted one tooth and filled two others before I went ashore.
          When I returned, I showered, dressed and was ready for dinner just in time.
          The mail was sparse today.  A letter and a card from you and a letter from your mother was the total bag for the day.
          Tonight we have another oldie for a movie "Three Men in White."  After much (?) coaxing I guess I'll go.
          Please forgive this rambling letter.  You know how I am after a few "hard" ones.  Tight is the word.
          Good night honey.  I'll write a real long letter tomorrow.  Love and kisses and hugs for all my girls.
Yours alone,

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment