How About a Kiss

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Tuesday 6 February 1945, 7:00 PM
My Dearest,
          How is my Darling today?  How's about a kiss?  Gee thanks, Honey, but take it easy, what will the censor say?
          Worked all morning as usual.  Got to my room about 11:15 AM.  Surprise! Mail! I finally got the package containing socks, "vitamin pills," American Mercury Magazines etc.  I also got a beautiful leather picture frame folder from Deb and Dave.  In addition I got some Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Bulletins, the National Jewish Monthly and a greeting card from the Goodfriends mailed on November 30.  Hope the rest of the packages come through soon.
          The socks are not longies and are swell.  If you haven't done so already how about half a dozen more.  Got hold of an "Omnibus," a magazine with best seller condensations.  It had "Immortal Wife" and I read it between 4:15 and 5:30 PM this evening.  Then I censored some mail, showered and dressed for dinner.  Enjoyed the breeze topside and here I am.
          Now that I have some coloring pencils, I'll do another Valentine to add to your collection.  I finished "Fountainhead" last night and I must say all the characters are most unusual.  It's hard to believe people would act like they are portrayed.  However it was most enjoyable and easy to read.  In fact it was about 1:30 AM when I finished and turned the light out.
          Darling do you remember when I wanted to read at night and you wanted to turn the lights out and go to sleep?  Well I'll let you turn the lights out but I don't know about the rest.
          Good night honey until tomorrow.
Loving you always,
Gil
         

          

No comments:

Post a Comment