$2.25 for Dinner


 

 

AMERICAN RED CROSS

Tuesday 22 February 1944, 1745 o'clock

Dearest,

          This has been a fairly busy day so tonight I'm going to catch up on my sleep.

          Went to the dental meeting and though I enjoyed it, next time I'll go after dinner. $2.25 is too much for a j.g. to lay out for dinner.  I met my accountant at the club where the meeting was being held and explained to him about the change in the tax return, so you don't have to worry about it anymore.  I also ran into two more classmates who are practicing here.  One in National City--the Manpower Commission has refused to release him. The other has applied to the Navy three times and was turned down each time.  I also saw a Jewish dentist whom I met at the B'nai B'rith last Monday.  The speaker talked for two hours on a subject which was interesting but it would take years to prove him right or wrong.  The topic was nutrition and its effect on heredity.

          It has been squally all day here.  Rain and wind intermittently all day long.  This is the first time I got more food a chow than I could it.  Roast turkey and so much of it with ice cream for dessert.  The only reason we could figure out for the menu was Washington's Birthday.

          This is probably the last letter I'll write you this week (I hope).  I really am looking forward to Thursday.  All my love to you and the girls.

As ever,

Your lover Gil

         

 

No comments:

Post a Comment