Number of Days It Takes for Mail to Get to Pearl Harbor from Santa Monica


Friday 25 August 1944, 4:30 PM

Hello Sweetheart,

          Here I am again.  What did I do the last night in Diego?  Well we met at the Playroom of the Grant and drank until 11:30 and then some Chinese food and back to the ship.  This, being my second letter to you today, makes an average of one a day since we shoved off.  Be patient and you'll probably receive them all.  I received some postmarked August 17 and 18 before others dated a week prior.  You just can't tell about mail nowadays.

          Darling as soon as I know anything that I can tell you I will.  In the meantime be patient.  Had quite a busy day today doing dentistry but nothing more to write about.  I'll send those gifts along as soon as possible.  When you are on a ship, any item that tells where you are can't be mailed until after you've left--so they'll be mailed the day we leave.

          Missing my three girls more and more every day.  I am

Your husband

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment