B'nai B'rtih Meeting Tonight


AMERICAN RED CROSS

Monday 14 February, 1944 1515 o'clock

Dearest Eleanor,

          Had a very uneventful trip back to the base.  Made swell time--three hours and fifteen minutes.  When I got into my room it was colder than he-- so I turned on the heater.  In ten minutes everything was nice and cozy.

          The doctors made quite a dent in the box of cake and fruit this noon.  I now have two special requests for those candies that Linda gave me.  If you can buy some more for next weekend please do so.

          At noon today one of the cooks brought in some nice thick fillet steak sandwiches--mm.  Then we all went over to do some pistol shooting.

          This has been a typical Monday.  Busy all day long.  I really could find a patient if I looked hard but I just feel a little lazy so I'm writing this letter instead.

          I have a class at 4:00 P.M. and chow at 5:00.  Then back to the barracks for a little freshening up and the B'nai B'rith meeting tonight.

          How are you feeling today?  Is everything alright? I hope now you have nothing to occupy your mind except our plans for moving.

          Kiss Linda and Norma and a big hug for you.  (I just had another visitor for more of your candies).  Don't forget our date (in bed) on next Saturday night.

Love,

Gil

 

"To furnish volunteer aid to the sick and wounded of armies......" and "To act in matters of voluntary relief and in accord with the military and naval authorities as a medium of communication between the people of the United States of America and their Army and Navy......"  The Charter of The American National Red Cross.  By Act of Congress January 5, 1905.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment