The "Navy Way"


AMERICAN RED CROSS

Friday 18 February 1944

My Dearest,

          What a day!  Saw three patients today.  One this morning and two this afternoon.  Wasn't able to chase down regarding an apartment this noon as I had planned.  My corpsman was sent to San Francisco for a week course in Gas School and with Captain's Inspection this afternoon I had to spend part of my noon hour seeing that everything was spic and span.  The Captain didn't come through until 4:00 P.M. I had to stall with my last patient for more than an hour so that I would be busy when he came through.  That is the "Navy way" of doing things.  I did attend to my life insurance today.

          I believe I forgot to mention it in my last letter, but the night that the fellows went downtown for a couple of drinks I ran into Harold Jiler and Maurry Green.  They were not together but we all three ran into each other simultaneously.  What a coincidence.

          Received three letters from you today, so I guess that your Tuesday letter was delayed somewhere along the line.  It was postmarked 15th and the other two were the 17th and they all came together.

          I hope you are out of the "red" and feeling in the "pink" because we have an important date for Saturday night.  So until then my Sweet

Lovingly,

Gil

 

"To furnish volunteer aid to the sick and wounded of armies......" and "To act in matters of voluntary relief and in accord with the military and naval authorities as a medium of communication between the people of the United States of America and their Army and Navy......"  The Charter of The American National Red Cross.  By Act of Congress January 5, 1905.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment