"Crap Out"


AMERICAN RED CROSS

Monday 7 February 1944, 1735 o'clock

Dear Eleanor,

          This has really been a busy day so I didn't get much of a chance to "crap out" (loaf).

          We had an easy trip back.  I let Dave drive for an hour and I turned in at 0230.  Finished the sandwiches without any effort and had the best dinner I've had since I reported in.  I had a tenderloin steak about 2-1/2 inches thick and really delicious.  I still can't figure out what happened.

          Tonight there will be a U.S.O. show as well as a movie so I guess I'll go.  If the movie is no good I'll leave and turn in early.

          Got one response on the ad but haven't been able to reach the party.  All that was left was a phone number.  I'll try again later tonight and if no luck tomorrow noon.

          Hope Norma is feeling better.  It really won't be so long before I'll be home this week.  give Linda and Norma a big hug and have one for yourself.

Love,

Gil


"To furnish volunteer aid to the sick and wounded of armies......" and "To act in matters of voluntary relief and in accord with the military and naval authorities as a medium of communication between the people of the United States of America and their Army and Navy......"  The Charter of The American National Red Cross.  By Act of Congress January 5, 1905.

No comments:

Post a Comment