Corpsman Painting My Office


Tuesday 8 August 1944, At Sea

Dearest Eleanor,

          What a beautiful day.  I wish you could enjoy it with me.  It is warm and sunny and the Pacific with its gorgeous blue is as smooth as a great big pond.

          Not much doing in the way of activity.  They finally finished messing up my office and now my corpsman is painting it.  I hope to be back to work tomorrow.  Bought some shirts and trousers and a slipover sweater for nights when it's cool out.

          I'm going to miss a few meals.  I'll bet I've already gained 5 pounds and I'll be darned if I'll keep them.  Been trying to get someone to work out with the medicine ball but no takers.

          Well, my Sweet, when this is over, you and I will have to take a cruise together.  Just think, you and I away on a holiday and it won't be long you'll see.

Bye Sweets,

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment