A Lot of Ships


AMERICAN RED CROSS

Monday 28 February 1944, 1745

Dear Eleanor,

          Am surprised--received two letters from you today.  I'm going to advertise as you suggested with rent in advance.  If I don't get any results by the end of the week I'll see Sipper's friend.

          Yesterday was very uneventful.  Last night I saw "Where are our children" with Jackie Cooper.  Tonight I'll see "The Lady and the Monster.  I hope it'll be more entertaining.

          A lot of ships are in, so we are keeping pretty busy.  At noon today I played volleyball and had lots of good exercise and fun

          How is the weather now?  The sun came out Sunday early and it has been beautiful ever since.

          Glad to hear the kids are well and that you are keeping busy.

          Nothing more except a big hug and kiss to Linda and Norma.

Love,

Gil

 

"To furnish volunteer aid to the sick and wounded of armies......" and "To act in matters of voluntary relief and in accord with the military and naval authorities as a medium of communication between the people of the United States of America and their Army and Navy......"  The Charter of The American National Red Cross.  By Act of Congress January 5, 1905.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment