Movie of Jap Attack


AMERICAN RED CROSS

Monday 21 February 1944

 

Dear Eleanor,

          Arrived safe and dry at 4:45 and hit the sack at 5:00.  The trip down was easy even though we did run into a lot of rain.

          Your chicken sandwiches went over with a bang.  Three of the doctors joined me for lunch.  This afternoon instead of the regular lecture at 4:00 we were shown official movies of the December 7 attack of Hawaii by the Japs.  Will tell you more about it Thursday (I hope).

          I am a little sleepy now but a shave and a shower will wake me up enough for the meeting tonight.

          By this time you should be all over with your little trouble and by Thursday be raring to go.

          Kiss my girls for me and don't be too impatient.  As ever

Your lover,

Gil

 

"To furnish volunteer aid to the sick and wounded of armies......" and "To act in matters of voluntary relief and in accord with the military and naval authorities as a medium of communication between the people of the United States of America and their Army and Navy......"  The Charter of The American National Red Cross.  By Act of Congress January 5, 1905.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment