Beautiful Photos of Our Girls


Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
          U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
              Monday 4 December 1944, 7:15 PM

Dearest Eleanor,

          No letters again today but I did receive a couple of dental magazines and the beautiful photos of our girls.  Gosh was I thrilled.  Now I've got them in the double frame with your serious pose reposing opposite them.  Now my family is up to date and complete.

          Nothing new today.  Worked all morning and took it easy this afternoon.  Stripped down and read for an hour after lunch.  Then I censored some mail after which I had my hair cut.  Then I showered and changed and visited with several other officers till dinner.

          Where we are now the time has been standard time.  Today for some reason, we changed over to war time.  So it is past seven and I just finished dinner.  I thought I'd better write now because it'll be past ten by the time the second movie is over.

          How is my mail coming now?  Is it regular or does it come in batches?  I have a hunch it's the latter.  Anyway that is the way mail comes here.

          By the way the book I'm reading is developing into a rather interesting story.  It is "Prodigal Women" and I can't remember the author's name because the book is in my room and I'm writing in my office.   I'll put it in the margin when I get up there (my room).

in the margin  Nancy Hale

 
          Sweetheart do you remember how you'd select books for me from the book ladies or the library and how sometimes I'd read them and sometimes not?  After the war let's do it again.  Our tastes will be the same and I know I'll enjoy you selections.

          Good night my darling.  I love you as always

Devotedly

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment