Tanked to the Gills




Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart

U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Saturday 23 December 1944, 10:15 PM

Dearest Eleanor,

          Hello Sweet, her I am and tanked to the gills just like I threatened last night.

          Today began like every other day--work.  I knocked off at 11:00 AM and visited with the skipper.  Then I had lunch.  After lunch five of the officers including the  






went ashore.  We got back at 6:15 P.M. I had dinner with the rest.  Somehow I made my rack and climbed in.  Came to at 8:15 PM and went to the movie.  Don't ask me what it was about? And don't bother seeing it, lousy!!

          You'll probably think, my is he tight, but really it's not as bad as it sounds.  I am reading an interesting book called "The Pacific World." It describes of the islands of the Pacific, the animal life, vegetation, sea life and additional interesting information.  I have the book in my room and in my next letter I'll give you more details about it.  I know you'll enjoy reading it.

          When I got back this evening I found a package containing the electric shaver so you can see how long mail takes out his way.  That was all today so there is nothing for me to comment on.

          Darling, do you remember past years before Xmas when I came home "blotto" and how provoked you were?  Please excuse this performance.  I really felt like I had a good excuse.  Next year we'll do it together.

          Good night love, I'll sign off before I pass out.  I love you and miss you and wow could I do with a little loving tonight.

Devotedly,
Gil


Beer, beer, more beer with engineering officer

Whew is he stinkin!

The camera man must have been higher than us



        




No comments:

Post a Comment