When is Rosh Hashanah?


Friday 8 September 1944, 8:45 AM

Dearest Eleanor,

          Good morning dear.  How'd you sleep last night?  For some reason I was dead tired and slept like a log.

          Nothing much to write about since my note of last night.  The movie, "Mask of Dimitrios" with Peter Lore.  I saw it before but for lack of anything else to do I saw it again.  After the movie a few of us "chewed the fat" for awhile and then I turned in.  Nothing to add this morning so that's that.

          Regarding the reserve account, the bank has my authorization to transfer available funds to our personal account.  However they'll never do it without a reminder so go in and request the transfer.  There should be about $150 available now.

          I'm going on liberty today and I'm determined to go places I've not been before.  Hope I get there, then I may have a little something to tell you, in a very general way of course.

          When is Rosh Hashanah?  I got a card from my mother but I didn't realize it was so soon.  So far I have not received any professional magazines or literature but it sometimes takes more than a month for a change in address to become effective.

          We are progressing right along with this war and I'm already looking to the day when we'll be together again.  Just think about you and me with both our girls out for the day--no gas rationing or food rationing either.  All the time in the world ahead of us with nothing to do but enjoy life together.  Just wait and see, dear.  Here is one couple that will enjoy life to its fullest.

          Time to close now, dear.  I'll be with you later

Loving you always,

Gil

Lt. (j.g.) G. Steingart

U.S.S. Ocelot

F.P.O. San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment